Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter

I was trying to explain to E about communion today at church. Everyone who loves Jesus was invited to come up and participate so I decided to take the girls. But then as we were waiting our turn I was trying to explain about Jesus... less than successfully. Any suggestions?

Afterwards E loudly proclaimed, "Communion where are you?" (repeatedly) and "I'm eating Jesus".

We had Rev. Janice over for supper last night and I was reassured again that the kids are welcome and that she wants the church to be like a home, sometimes the kids are there with the adults talking away, sometimes they are there quietly and sometimes they are somewhere else playing or learning. I imagine a big family gathering, which I really like.

2 comments:

Mrs. M said...

The idea of church being like a big family gathering is lovely...inspiring really.
A friend's daughter thinks that the minister is Jesus & after the sermon when greeting the minister says loudly "Hi Jesus!"...she's 3yrs.
I've got no suggestions...maybe there's an age appropriate book?

Two Mittens said...

Aaahhh...I'm totally laughing!

I think it's a learning process. D isn't particularily thrilled when the boys come home from nursery with coloring pictures of Jesus or other churchy things, but they learn a little at a time. Or brainwashing as he calls it.

It sounds like you've found a much better place to be!