Tuesday, September 22, 2009

mY FIRST BLOG RECIPE

Chocolate Cupcakes

This is adapted from a recipe off a blog (yeah can't retrace it so will remain nameless and thanked only in spirit.. but I remember that she joked about it being health food if you call chocolate and sugar heath food and she did). So I added a few more healthy things to it and here it is... second time around. First time I made it to take to my mother-in-laws and forgot it on the phone table at home...

Mix together:

2 cups flour ( I used 1 cup whole wheat and 1 cup with some ground flax and hemp hearts approx a 1/3rd and filled to the rim with Nutriflour

2 cups sugar

1 cup canola oil

3 eggs and 2 cups grated zucchini processed in the blender until smooth.

1 Tablespoon each cinnamon and vanilla

2 Teaspoons baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 cup cocoa

I filled my mini muffin tins with 1 Tablespoon batter and baked at 350 for 10 minutes and my regular with 1/4 cup batter and baked at 350 for 20 minutes. I really do need to be patient and wait until my silicone trays are all cooled down because then the cupcakes come out nicely instead of pulling apart. Makes at least 4 dozen mini and 1 dozen regular.

1 comment:

Two Mittens said...

DELICIOUS!!