Monday, October 30, 2006

The day before Halloween

We bought our halloween candy today (apparently we get 250+ kids in this neighborhood). I was trying to figure out if the chocolate bars in the big box or the ones in bulk were cheaper, and even with a pen it was too hard to get my head around. The box was 1.5kg with 125 pieces for $12.97 and the bulk was .98 per 100 gram. I ended up buying the box did I make the right decision?

We found a great book at the library The Costume Copycat by Maryann Macdonald and illustrated by Anne Wilsdorf. I just finished reading it to Emma twice before what I hope will be a nap but by the loud banging noises I hear upstairs probably won't be. It got her excited to put on her costume and so she got all dressed up as a butterfly princess. She looks adorable in the costume and she is very taken with it so I'm so glad that I got it.

1 comment:

Two Mittens said...

I can never figure out that stuff either. I just think you sometimes get screwed in the bulk bins because people think it's cheaper!

I can't wait to see photos!