Thursday, November 05, 2009

Sewing

My bamboo fabric from Bamboo Wonders arrived today. i have no idea what i'm going to do with it. The ideas I had before it arrived don't seem to mesh with the reality of the fabric in hand but I'm sure I will think up something great. I bought lots so i have lots to play with. Some denim, some really super soft black jersey, natural knit and a pretty blue knit and an olive green "cottony" kind of piece. It is all so soft. I first came across the idea of bamboo as material when I was ordering non-wool fleeces to spin in Montreal at art school. The bamboo was so shiny and silky and soft. Also bloddy hard to spin I tell ya!

I'm thinking I may do some dye work wiwth some of this fabric. That was one class I couldn't take at art school being pregnant but that I find fascinating.

1 comment:

Two Mittens said...

ooooohhh exciting!
we have bamboo sheets and I love them - the texture is wonderful!