Monday, December 03, 2007

More Smootie Adventure

Tried to make myself a veggie smoothie for lunch. I wanted to use some of the canned beets that I found the other day when I was searching the far corners of my shelves because Z had found and was eating one of those little stick and cheese snacks and so then E had to have one which I actually did find way way in the back. Well I added some pineapple, spinach, lemon, yogurt but pretty much all you could taste was the beet. It looked very pretty and both the girls wanted to try it but it only took one mouthful to convince them they didn't want any more. I did find a recipe for beet root and ginger smoothie; which I could see just might work. I will also have to try your suggestions my dear Mrs. Mittens... I hope you survived all your parties.

This is a pet peeve of mine. Everybody has decided that December is too busy so they need to schedule their Christmas stuff in November or the first weekend in December; so now the last week of November is way too busy and there is hardly anything else left to do in December.

1 comment:

Two Mittens said...

I think I would like the beets. I like them normally, but have never tried them in a smoothie. The ginger recipe looks good!

I agree with the Christmas rush. I like to spread it out a bit!

Check this out
www.sliceofhealth.com

I saw a demo on tv this morning. Looks superhealthy and tasty.